Manage episode 352201195 series 2650280
In our culture today, working out has often revolved around weight loss and how we look.
Instead of moving our bodies for enjoyment or for true health, we too often move our bodies as punishment for the piece of cake that we ate.
But what would it look like if that changed? What if movement stopped being about weight loss and started being about self-empowerment, joy, and wholeness?
In this episode, Jordan talks with personal trainer and fitness educator Kaisa Keranen about why health is a feeling, not a look, and how we can joyfully incorporate movement into our lives.
Tune in to learn:
- Why it’s so important to prioritize health and wholeness over body transformation and weight loss
- Tips for making movement fun and life-affirming
- The importance of incorporating rest and recovery into your schedule
- Why mobility is so important for everyone and how you can incorporate it into your daily movements
- The importance of appreciating your body and practical steps to deal with negative self-talk
Want to dig deeper? Check out these links mentioned in this episode: