Chris Bailey Teaches You To Calm Your Mind (TPS443)
Manage episode 355245133 series 1409924
The world is filled with stress and anxiety, but that doesn’t mean you need to be. It might sound surprising, but the way to true productivity is through.. calm.
Hustling, grinding, and imbalance will happen from time to time, but eventually, we all realize there is more to life and that we are being productive for a reason beyond prioritizing our to-do list.
In this episode, author, speaker, and productivity experimenter Chris Bailey shares how we can calm our minds, and use that ability to lead the life we want.
Visit Indeed.com/tps to start hiring now.
Go to Bambee.com and type in productivity show under PODCAST when you sign up.
Become a member of TPS+ and get ad-free episodes a week before anyone else with other great bonuses like the famous “One Tweak A Week” shirt.
- Top 3 Productivity Resources [2:08]
- Is writing about “Calm” a departure from Chris’ earlier books? [6:34]
- How do you know if you have burnout vs. just tired? [11:49]
- The 6 dimensions of burnout [15:12]
- What does Chris think about going to therapy? [18:04]
- How can you implement these strategies when you have limited control over your work? [21:32]
- The inciting incident that got Chris interested in Calm [29:12]
- The 10 fundamental human values [36:33]
- The results of Chris’ stimulation fast (and how to do one) [41:29]
- When is it best to use analog vs. digital tools? [51:04]
- Bambee (enter productivity show under Podcast)
- How to Calm Your Mind: Finding Presence and Productivity in Anxious Times
- TPS35: A Year of Productivity w/ Chris Bailey
- Freedom – Block Websites, Apps, and the Internet
- Focusmate – Virtual coworking for getting anything done
- Maslach Burnout Inventory
- Theory of Basic Human Values – Wikipedia
- Time & Attention Podcast – Chris Bailey
- Productivity Academy
- Become a member of TPS+
- Take the Productivity Quiz
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!