Success In A World of Exponential Information w/ Futurist Ross Dawson (TPS439)
Manage episode 352639447 series 1409924
The amount of information we have to make sense of is staggering and overwhelming. However, it’s possible to not only survive this information overload but thrive!
In this episode, we’re joined by futurist Ross Dawson, author of Thriving On Overload: The 5 Powers for Success in a World of Exponential Information. We talk about thriving on overload, his five powers to succeed in a world of exponential information, and how the key to productivity could be taking an improv class.
Thanks RocketMoney.com/tps. It could save you hundreds a year.
Go to Bambee.com and type in productivity show under PODCAST when you sign up.
Become a member of TPS+ and get ad-free episodes a week before anyone else with other great bonuses like the famous “One Tweak A Week” shirt.
- Why individual skills of dealing with information are the most important [5:37]
- Why Ross doesn’t like the 2×2 matrix for idea generation [7:52]
- How does one become a futurist? [8:30]
- The 5 powers for success [10:09]
- The different types of attention [13:09]
- What Ross uses to frame information [15:00]
- Why we need to exercise our attention, and how to do that [18:09]
- Why Ross is not a big fan of guided meditation apps [21:41]
- What living in a Zen Dojo in Japan taught him [26:43]
- Ways that we can synthesize information [36:51]
- Why improv theatre can help you thrive from information overload [39:06]
- How knowledge workers can deal with the coming AI revolution [43:06]
- Rocket Money
- Ross Dawson
- Thriving on Overload: The 5 Powers for Success in a World of Exponential Information
- Books by Keynote Speaker and Futurist Ross Dawson
- A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future by Daniel Pink
- Impro: Improvisation and the Theatre by Keith Johnstone
- The Eureka Factor: Aha Moments, Creative Insight, and the Brain
- Podcast – Thriving on Overload
- Home – Thriving on Overload
- Productivity Academy
- Become a member of TPS+
- Take the Productivity Quiz
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!