Manage episode 359936207 series 2950605
How was your tax bill this year? Was it smooth and easy? Or did you get a nasty surprise?
If you have ever felt the shock and awe that comes from a surprise tax bill bomb, this episode is for you.
Listen in as Ben and Nate discuss the top three reasons why young physicians, mid-career physician investors and self-employed doctors sometimes get hit with unnecessarily high taxes AND learn what you can do about it now, before another big bill comes your way.
IN THIS EPISODE
- [1:05] Why might young physician’s see a big tax bill?
- [3:35] What is a tax projection?
- [5:29] What are capital gain tax bills?
- [6:44] How do excessive gains work even in a down year?
- [8:37] What can we do about the surprise tax bill?
- [9:56] What surprises are people seeing who own their own business?
GET MORE FROM PHYSICIAN FAMILY
• Catch all the great stuff we didn’t mention in the show! Subscribe to our newsletter.
• Stop missing out on the tax breaks you deserve. Get The Overtaxed Doctor’s Guide to Retirement.
• Get on track for college in less time than it takes to change an explosive diaper. Download The DIY Doctor’s College Plan Workbook.
You’ll find it all at https://physicianfamily.com/go.
• If you have a topic you’d like us to discuss, please email it to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call our answer line at 503-308-8733
Physician Family Financial Advisors Inc., a registered investment advisor, has reasonable belief that the information and content as a whole does not include any false or materially misleading statements or omissions of facts regarding services, investments, or client experience. Information presented is for educational purposes only and does not intend to make an offer or solicitation for the sale or purchase of any specific securities, investments, or investment strategies. Investments involve risk and, unless otherwise stated, are not guaranteed. Information expressed does not take into account the specific situation or objectives of individuals and is not intended as recommendations appropriate for all individuals. Listeners are encouraged to seek advice from a qualified tax, legal, or investment adviser to determine whether any information presented may be suitable for their specific situation. Past performance is not indicative of future performance.