Manage episode 347205143 series 2135928
Microsoft lets its geek flag fly, our observations on .NET 7, and the recent upset caused by the Troll Wizard, but we can't understand who will pay the toll.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Tailscale: Tailscale is the easiest way to create a peer-to-peer network with the power of Wireguard.
- NSA urges orgs to use memory-safe programming languages — "NSA recommends that organizations use memory safe languages when possible and bolster protection through code-hardening defenses such as compiler options, tool options, and operating system configurations," advised the agency.
- Aegis Authenticator — Aegis Authenticator is a free, secure and open source app for Android to manage your 2-step verification tokens for your online services.
- Casey Newton on Twitter — Update: company sources tell me that yesterday Twitter eliminated ~4,400 of its ~5,500 contract employees, with cuts expected to have significant impact to content moderation and the core infrastructure services that keep the site up and running.
- .NET 7 is Available Today — Thanks to the open-source .NET community for your numerous contributions that helped shape this .NET 7 release. 28k contributions made by over 8900 contributors throughout the .NET 7 release!
- Announcing .NET MAUI for .NET 7 General Availability — Six short months ago we introduced you to .NET Multi-platform App UI (MAUI) and today we are excited to announce the general availability of .NET MAUI in our next major release, .NET 7.
- .NET Conf 2022 Keynote: Welcome to .NET — .NET 7 is here! Find out what is new for .NET developers across all workloads including cloud, mobile, desktop, web, AI, IoT, and so much more.
- Meta laying off more than 11,000 employees — Meta is laying off 13% of its staff, or more than 11,000 employees, CEO Mark Zuckerberg told employees Wednesday.
- Mark Zuckerberg Won't Rule Out Further Layoffs
- Amazon Is Said to Plan to Lay Off Approximately 10,000 Employees — The job cuts of approximately 10,000, which would start as soon as this week,
- Apple being "very deliberate" on hiring amid economic uncertainty, says CEO Tim Cook — "What we're doing as a consequence of being in this period is we're being very deliberate on our hiring," Cook told "CBS Mornings" at Apple's headquarters in California. "That means we're continuing to hire, but not everywhere in the company are we hiring."
- Jay Owens (@hautepop) — Vox’s Future Perfect vertical, which took SBF money to shill for SBF ideology
- Preventing 2FA Crises — A recent podcast episode I listed to detailed the painful process of what could happen if you lose your 2FA codes, and I hope to address how to prevent this even if you don't have SMS/calls to authenticate to the 2FA service I'm mentioning (their typical verification process).
- Send a Boost into the Show — Upgrade to a Podcasting 2.0 compatible app, and send a Boost into the show. 🔥