Manage episode 363544096 series 3444453
Are you looking to bring more peace and harmony into your relationship? A State Of The Union needn't just be a presidential wartime address. In another wonderfully impactful episode of Master Your Marriage, Robert and Sharla are offering us their version of a 'State Of The Union.'
There are five key steps involved in having an effective weekly check-in with your partner that will no doubt prove to be a total game changer if you are looking to turn your hearts towards one another.
Because, let's face it: never before has there been so much information out there, from podcasts to AI, and from social media to internet blogs. So what moves that information out of the headspace and into the heart space?
As Robert and Sharla so eloquently explain, it starts with creating rituals that involve making time for one another. This is a sacred time for the two of you, where you begin making micro-adjustments to your relationship through small conversations.
All of the tools you need to make that higher-level commitment to yourself and your partner can be found in this episode and then practiced in your own unique version of a weekly relationship check-in. Please join us.
“When we create rituals for our own relationships, we are making a higher-level commitment to the most important thing in our lives." ~ Robert Snow
In This Episode:
- Unpacking Appreciation – sharing an attribute you love about your partner
- Understanding why creating rituals is so important
- State Of The Union: How To Have an Effective Weekly Check-In
- 5 steps you can take with your partner in a weekly State Of The Union connection
- Setting the tone of your conversation: 5 positive appreciations
- What went right in your relationship this week?
- Remembering that conflict has a positive purpose
- No coming in hot! Starting with 'I statements'
- Learning to listen non-defensively
And so much more!
Connect with Robert and Sharla Snow:
- Website: http://masteryourmarriagepodcast.com/
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/masteryourmarriage/
- Facebook - http://facebook.com/masteryourmarriage
- TikTok - https://www.tiktok.com/@masteryourmarriage