Manage episode 364198862 series 2614154
Evelyn J. Starr is a brand-building expert. We talk about finding the right niche, having a community-centric long-term perspective, and how brands evolve —you might call it “grow up”— over time. Here’s Evelyn.
Evelyn's Twitter: https://twitter.com/EvelynJStarr
The podcast episode: https://share.transistor.fm/s/69cc34f4
The video: https://youtu.be/CTKESAugLP8
You'll find my weekly article on my blog: https://thebootstrappedfounder.com
My book Zero to Sold: https://zerotosold.com/
My book The Embedded Entrepreneur: https://embeddedentrepreneur.com/
My course Find Your Following: https://findyourfollowing.com
- (00:00) - What’s the biggest misconception about building brands?
- (01:44) - Do other brands influence the perception of your brand?
- (06:26) - What is the core of your business’s brand?
- (10:11) - How to pick a niche that is just right.
- (16:34) - What is too big of a niche to start a business?
- (21:46) - The evolution of a brand over time.
- (27:53) - What’s the difference between a serious brand and an adult brand?
- (33:19) - Tips on how to find your fans.
- (37:30) - The importance of having a differentiator in the space.
- (40:26) - Most people want to help. Most of the time you’re going to get a yes.
- (47:13) - The importance of being relatable to your audience.