Manage episode 364056720 series 3404168
The guests featured in the new series of The Game Changers could be the most diverse yet, with Olympic, World and Commonwealth Champions, alongside elite coaches, broadcasters, CEOs, Paralympic GB’s Chef de Mission and a Gladiator!
The Game Changers podcast features candid interviews with trailblazing women in sport who are knocking down barriers and challenging the status quo for women and girls across society. Along with discussing their careers, what drives them and how they’ve dealt with the toughest challenges, each episode also addresses wider equality issues in sport and beyond.
The popularity of this award-winning podcast continues to grow, in line with the increased profile and appetite for women’s sport. The Game Changers now ranks in the top 5% of all podcasts globally, and series 14, which launches on Tuesday May 30, will be supported by Sport England through a National Lottery Award.
The remarkable line-up for the new series includes:
- Jodie Ounsley – A professional rugby player who represented England at Rugby 7’s, is Honorary President of UK Deaf Sportand a recently announced Gladiator in the new BBC series
- Eve Muirhead MBE – One of the world’s greatest ever curlers, who won Olympic Gold in Tokyo as the skip for Team GB, and was voted 3rd in last year’s BBC Sports Personality of the Year
- Preeti Shetty – the CEO of Upshot, who’s a director at Brentford Football Club and a passionate advocate for the power of sport to drive social change
- Penny Briscoe OBE – a former international canoeist, who’s been a driving force in revolutionising parasport as Director of Sport for the British Paralympic Association and Chef de Mission for Paralympics GB
- Louise Minchin – A BBC Breakfast presenter for over 20 years, who represented Great Britain as an Age Group Triathlete and is now an author, podcaster and someone taking on extreme sporting challenges
- Molly McCann, also known as Meatball Molly – a professional mixed martial artist, currently competing in UFC
- And Eilish McColgan – British and European Record holder, 3 time Olympian and Commonwealth Games Gold Medalist from Birmingham 2022
The series also includes a fascinating panel exploring the topic of women in coaching with:
- Jess Freeman – a community coach with Harlequins Rugby Club
- Kelly Lindsey – former US soccer player who is now Sporting Director at Lewes FC
- Giselle Mather – former England rugby player who is now Director of Rugby at Ealing Trailfinders
- And Sarah Kelleher – who captained the Irish Women’s Hockey team and now coaches national sides in England and Ireland
The Game Changers is hosted by Fearless Women’s CEO, Sue Anstiss MBE, an author, film maker and co-founder of the Women’s Sport Collective.
Head of Equality at Sport England, Garnet Mackinder, comments: ‘Sport England is excited to be supporting the next season of The Game Changers. The podcast is an innovative way of sparking conversations about tackling inequalities that is aligned to the Uniting the Movement strategy. Hearing from amazing women will help to inspire others to follow in their footsteps and encourage more women to work in sport.”
Previous game changing guests, of which there are now over 110, include Jess Ennis-Hill, Gabby Logan, Katherine Grainger, Lucy Bronze, Laura Woods, Judy Murray, Sarah Storey, Denise Lewis, Shaunagh Brown, Kelly Smith, Clare Balding, Kate