Manage episode 362175351 series 2931064
1. I recommend the Italian restaurant down the street.
2. My dentist advises regular brushing and flossing.
3. She suggested several new podcasts from the BBC.
4. The teacher recommended books about the history of Spain.
5. The doctor advised me to get more exercise.
6. My friends recommended a trip to London or Paris.
7. I advise that you always wear a mask in a crowded room.
[also can say: I advise you to always wear a mask in a crowded room.]
8. I suggest that you study more and watch less TV.
9. I recommend that you get more sleep.
10. The doctor advised that I take two weeks off work.
11. She suggested that I take my dog to the vet.
12. Do you recommend that I continue to buy lottery tickets?
13. She advised going to sleep by 10pm.
14. He suggested working from home for a few weeks.
15. My boss recommended getting a new laptop computer.
16. My doctor advised exercising early in the morning.
17. I suggest eating more vegetarian meals.
18. Do you recommend learning two languages at the same time?
19. He recommended a new doctor to me.
20. I advised her to study a different language.
21. We suggested the Mediterranean diet to Maria.
Bonus tongue twister used with permission from author Madeleine Taylor.
The bare bear bored the boar with his boring stories about boring rock until the boar told the boring, boring, bare bear it was too much boredom to bear.
Intro & Outro Music: La Pompe Du Trompe by Shane Ivers - https://www.silvermansound.comSupport the show
You can now support my podcasts and classes:
Help Barry pay for podcast expenses--thank you!