Manage episode 371407174 series 2931064
Here are some more quotes from Mark Twain:
1) Many a small thing has been made large by the right kind of advertising.
2) Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.
3) Why is it that we rejoice at a birth and grieve at a funeral? It is because we are not the person involved.
4) ‘Classic.’ A book which people praise but don’t read.
5) There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race, and finish the farce.
6) When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened or not.
7) Few of us can stand prosperity. Another man’s, I mean.
8) One of the most striking differences between a cat and a lie is that a cat only has nine lives.
9) I have been complimented many times and they always embarrass me; I always feel that they have not said enough.
10) Substitute ‘damn’ every time you’re inclined to write ‘very’; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.
Here’s a question: Do you know the expression “to break even?” It means your income and expenses are in balance. If you’d like to help me break even on the expenses of sharing this podcast, please consider donating a few dollars every month to help me cover my expenses. Thanks!
Intro & Outro Music: La Pompe Du Trompe by Shane Ivers - https://www.silvermansound.comSupport the show
You can now support my podcasts and classes:
Help Barry pay for podcast expenses--thank you!