Manage episode 377551458 series 2415236
On this episode of the World Game-Changers podcast, Paul and Kristin Johnson are joined by Daniel Gasser to talk about how we, as humans, can embrace AI and the unknowns that come with it.
- Most of us don’t deal well with the unknown, which is a shame because our brains and our whole being is built for the unknown. As soon as we come out of our mothers it’s unknown, the whole of life is unknown and, the older I get the more I ask myself: Is it really human nature to fear the unknown or are we just trained by the system and ‘value givers’ that we should fear the unknown? We’re born curious otherwise we wouldn’t learn to walk or speak, anything. My guess is that we’re not afraid of it, we’re told to be afraid of it.
- Some people preach that every new technology is dangerous. When steam trains were developed, seriously intelligent people said that if you travel faster than 100mph your face will be ripped off your skull. They were taken seriously and people would say they’d never take a train, it’s the same with people fearing ChatGPT will take over their jobs. Trains did take over some jobs, but they created a whole lot of new jobs and industries too.
- I used ChatGPT and realised that this thing is cool! The fear went, and the more I interact with AI, the more I use tools built with AI, the more I also make money with it – yes,, I make money with it, I’m a businessman as well as a coach. The more I dive into it the more I see what it is today and what it could look like tomorrow. But, I’m still way more divine and creative as a human being than this little machine with a stack of data interpretation is ever going to be. Use it or don’t, but fear never brings anything good.
- When we’re in a fearful state, we shut down our creativity, spirituality, and our love, we reduce ourselves to an animal, to fight or flight. Knowing that, I can ask myself what I have to do in my mind and emotionally to overcome fear and become emotionally intelligent again? For the emotional part; calm down, meditate, get out of the way in your mind and you’ll find the fear fades away slowly but surely and you can think and be creative and function again. The better your emotions become, you become emotionally and otherwise intelligent again.
‘We’re all assuming that it’s going to be very bad, that AI is going to eat us alive, take our jobs, take over our lives, do everything. Why are we always assuming the worst?’
‘Need to change our mindset to maybe plan for the worst but expect the best'.
‘I was frightened to death when AI came out, but then I remembered that fear is not a good advisor and the best remedy for fear is taking action'.
‘Our planet is in such a bad state because, collectively, we’re negative'.
- Paul’s Story: Emerging From The Forest (UK): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Emerging-Forest-Pain-Purpose-Mastering/dp/1719373272
- Paul’s Story: Emerging From The Forest (USA): https://www.amazon.com/Emerging-Forest-Pain-Purpose-Mastering/dp/1719373272
- Mastering The Game Of Life Book (UK): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mastering-Game-Life-Paul-Lowe/dp/1782227679
- Mastering The Game Of Life Book (USA): https://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Game-Life-Paul-Lowe/dp/1782227679
- Speaking From Our Hearts Books: Volumes 1-3 (Available on Amazon)
- World Game-Changers Group
ABOUT THE GUESTS
Kristin Johnson is a prize-winning/ prize-finalist writer, blogger, ghost-writing/ creative writing consultant, screenwriter, and editor.
A graduate of the former Master of Professional Writing Program from the University of Southern California, she has published/ collaborated on seven books. https://www.kristinjohnson.net/
Daniel Gasser’s is a businessman, loving husband, godfather, man, former drunk for over 30 years, former needle junkie, former full-time asshole, empathetic, extremely sensitive, even childlike naive at times and full throttle for the men he coaches. Website: https://danielg.online/
ABOUT THE HOST
Paul has made a remarkable transformation from existing for many years in dark, desperate despair; to now living a really healthy, happy and fulfilling life.
From an early age, he was in the vice-like clutches of the demon drink and constantly embroiled within a dark cocktail of toxic beliefs, self-hate and destructive violence.
Along with his empathetic and dedicated team of world-class coaches and mentors, Paul’s purpose is deeply transformational:
Developing World Game-Changers…
He is extremely passionate about helping others to find their purpose, have a voice and ultimately, make a real difference.
This has been built on a long and distinguished history of heart-centred coaching and mentoring. He has also been responsible for raising significant amounts of funds for many charities and good causes around the world; positively impacting and inspiring thousands of children – mainly from challenging backgrounds – within the UK & worldwide.
Through this World Game-Changers podcast and books, he has been involved in – including being a best-selling co-author – Paul also helps others to get their own inspirational messages and stories out into the world; as well as offering support to many charitable organisations, in their development & fund-raising.
Tel: +44 (0) 7958 042 155
This show was brought to you by Progressive Media