248 - Visual Thinking - Temple Grandin
Manage episode 349471587 series 1532494
Temple Grandin was born in 1947 at a time when words like neurodivergent and neurotypical had yet to enter the lexicon, at a time when autism was not well understood, and since she didn’t develop speech until much later than most children she might have led a much different life if it hadn’t been for people around her who worked very hard to open up a space for her to thrive and explore her talents and abilities. In this episode we discuss all that as well as her latest book, Visual Thinking, all about three distinct ways that human brains create human minds to make sense of the world outside of their skulls.
- How Minds Change: www.davidmcraney.com/howmindschangehome
- David McRaney’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/davidmcraney
- YANSS Twitter: https://twitter.com/notsmartblog
- Show Notes: www.youarenotsosmart.com
- Newsletter: https://davidmcraney.substack.com