Manage episode 351521536 series 2650280
Have you ever wanted to take a more natural or preventative approach to your health?
Perhaps you’ve been curious about complementary alternative approaches to health such as herbal remedies, or maybe you want to learn more about supplements and how to find good ones.
While our society has often made it seem like we have to choose either Western medicine or other holistic approaches to health, the reality is that there is a time and place for both.
But if you are interested in more holistic approaches to health, it’s important to understand how herbal remedies work, what to look for, and how to use them appropriately.
In this episode, Jordan talks with her mom, Linda Wawrzyniak, and together they dig into what you should know about herbal remedies.
Linda completed a two-year certification program on medicinal plants from Cornell University and has so much great information and tips to share!
Tune in to learn:
- Why using herbal medicine can be valuable
- How Western medicine and alternative medicine can work together
- Safety considerations when using medicinal plants
- How to evaluate the quality of supplements and herbal medicines
- How to approach herbalism from a Biblical foundation
- Ways medicinal plants can be used for your health
- Staple natural remedies to have in your medicine cabinet
Want to dig deeper into this topic? Check out these links mentioned in the episode: