Manage episode 363666516 series 3273773
The Art of Plan B: Learning to Surrender and Go with the Flow
In other words, The Rare Occurrence of the Expected!
This episode unlocks the power of Plan B. When you look at it, Plan B is about creative solutions and problem solving, sometimes on the spot. It requires cultivation and willingness to surrender to things as they are.
Globally, we all experienced the unexpected events of COVID, that forced us to pivot and shift our plans from things like grocery shopping and running a business, to traveling and interacting with the world. It required that we "plan b" everything!
In this episode of Anecdotal Anatomy, we share personal anecdotes of how we find the gift in difficult situations and embrace Plan B. We touch on the concept of tragic optimism*, which involves finding the gift or lesson in hard times, and how it can be a more productive approach than toxic positivity which glosses over and makes everything "good." (Think "Serenity Now" from Seinfeld.)
We also touch on the importance of being adaptable and open to change, communicating effectively, and actively listening to others. We emphasize the role of practices in building resilience and maintaining a positive and real outlook on life, with a focus on setting clear intentions, being consistent, and exploring new possibilities.
In this episode, you will hear about:
- the hidden potential in embracing Plan B during challenging times.
- staying present and heeding vital body signals amid unforeseen events.
- honoring the value of consistent practice.
- fostering a willingness to explore new possibilities within Plan B scenarios.
- developing resilience through intentional living.
Takeaways from this episode:
- We can always adapt an alternative approach in difficult situations.
- Check in with your awareness of physical cues and stay grounded during unexpected occurrences.
- Hone your adaptability skills and embrace novel opportunities that emerge from Plan B situations.
- Grasp the crucial role practices play in fortifying resilience and promoting robust living.
Honorable Mention from the Show:
Tragic Optimism, Viktor Frankl. (We use the term in a more general, loose way)
Our Amazing Team:
Judith George - Editor (video & audio)
Keith Kenny - Music
Cindy Fatsis - Photography