Manage episode 365472663 series 3000284
In this episode of Executive Decisions Podcast, host Sarah Delahanty, a certified financial planner, talks about how her firm, SYM Financial Advisors, helps executives understand and maximize their executive compensation and benefits. She emphasizes the importance of diversifying risks and making sure clients have a game plan for the year, including determining what may be beneficial to exercise relating to stock options, selling or retaining restricted stock units, participating in employee stock purchase plans, and deferred compensation plans. Sarah also explains the complexities around tax implications and how to divide your paycheck to maximize benefits while mitigating company risk. SYM Financial Advisors has deep expertise in this area, working with dozens of different companies globally, and welcomes anyone seeking help with their executive compensation and benefits.
"Being able to understand, what I would call, the dollar Olympics, we only earn so much paycheck." - Sarah Delahanty
This week on Executive Decisions:
- Understanding and maximizing executive compensation and benefits
- The equity component of executive compensation
Our Favorite Quotes:
- "Executives have different benefits relating to long-term incentive compensation, usually tied to company stock." - Sarah Delahanty
- "For an executive, they'll have base pay, they may have a bonus cash bonus compensation." - Sarah Delahanty
- "Being able to understand, what I would call, the dollar Olympics, we only earn so much paycheck." - Sarah Delahanty
- "How do we divide your paycheck up to maximize the different benefits, but also capture any value that comes from equity compensation, that is part of your total compensation." - Sarah Delahanty
- "We really just say, make sure you have eyes on everything." - Sarah Delahanty
- "If we just let the stock component of our portfolio as it relates to that single exposure to our company that we work for get bigger and bigger then all of a sudden that could create an imbalance and a potential or undue risk for us with our overall investment strategy." - Sarah Delahanty
About SYM Financial and Executive Decisions Podcast
Executive Decisions is a show for business leaders. In each episode, host and financial advisor Sarah Delahanty sits down with executives and local experts who serve them. Together, they tackle some of the harder questions that business leaders face today. From inspiring creativity in the workplace, to managing company politics, to making the best choices with executive compensation, taxes, and lifestyle — our show delivers stories and lessons learned across many industries and lifetimes.
Email Sarah at email@example.com with questions, comments, and to schedule a one-on-one conversation.
And, if you enjoy the show, please leave a review to help others discover the podcast.
Disclosure: The information contained in this message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify SYM Financial Advisors (“SYM”) immediately and destroy the material in its entirety. All communications requiring immediate attention or action, such as trade requests or other time-sensitive matters should not be sent to SYM via email. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information may arrive later than intended, be intercepted, be corrupted, or contain viruses. This material is not an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any product. The opinions expressed herein are those of SYM and are subject to change without notice. To the extent that performance information is contained in this email, past performance is not indicative of future results. SYM is an independent registered investment adviser. More information about SYM including our investment strategies, fees, and objectives can be found in our Form ADV Part 2, which is available upon request.