“Dear Colleague”/Guidance Letters, Consent Decrees, and other administrative law innovations - 1-6-2017
Manage episode 170851553 series 41154
19th Annual Faculty Conference
This panel will discuss administrative agencies’ increasing use of devices such as guidance letters, consent decrees, and Notices of Proposed Rulemaking (instead of final rules or adjudications issued with APA procedural protections) as mechanisms for setting major policies that may be effectively binding on private parties.
This panel was held on January 6, 2017 during the 19th Annual Faculty Conference in San Francisco, CA.
Panel: “Dear Colleague”/Guidance Letters, Consent Decrees, and other administrative law innovations
9:00 am - 10:45 am
3rd Floor, Embarcadero Room
- Prof. Richard Epstein, New York University School of Law
- Prof. Gail Heriot, University San Diego School of Law
- Prof. Richard Pierce, The George Washington University Law School
- Prof. Aaron Saiger, Fordham University School of Law
- Moderator: Hon. Michael W. McConnell, Stanford Law School
Parc 55 San Francisco - A Hilton Hotel
San Francisco, CA