Manage episode 364202209 series 1635850
Sam and Ryan use some recent Twitter discussion on copying + pasting code (instead of abstracting it for reuse) as a springboard for a discussion about how their thinking on low-level UI components and design systems has changed over the years.
- 0:00 - Intro
- 2:16 - Copy-paste vs. creating abstractions
- 11:43 - How we used to build shared UI components
- 15:34 - How we use UI components today
- 22:42 - Is copy-paste the easiest way for developers to implement consistent design?
- 27:41 - When should we create abstractions?
- 37:15 - Designing copy-pasteable APIs