Manage episode 354797143 series 2507500
Have you ever considered how you might be able to support vulnerable children and their families?
While many people believe the only way to do this is by fostering or adopting, the reality is that there are still plenty of additional ways we can support foster children and vulnerable women.
And who better to provide suggestions and share a peak into the reality of the foster care system than Tori Hope Petersen, a former foster youth turned foster and adoptive mom?
In her new book Fostered, Tori shares her powerful story of growing up in the foster care system and finding faith.
And in this episode, she joins Jordan to talk about how we can support foster families and children.
Tune in to learn:
- Tori’s story of growing up in the foster care system and later becoming a foster mom, adoptive mom, and author
- How growing up in the foster care system can shape your identity
- What the Bible has to say about the Church's role in helping care for the vulnerable
- Ways we can support those vulnerable children and their families, outside of fostering and adoption
- What it looks like for the Church to be "radically hospitable"
- Struggles that are being seen in the foster care system and how it can be improved
- How to address the trauma that a foster child might face
Want to dig deeper? Explore these links mentioned in the episode to learn more: