Wellness: Rebranded - Intuitive eating, diet culture, food relationship, weight training, food freedom
Why Is It So Hard to Stop Focusing on Weight Loss?
Manage episode 374412483 series 3409414
It’s all around us - impossible to get around, isn’t it?
Could that be why it’s so hard to stop focusing on weight loss?
Tara and Elizabeth talk about the challenges we all face as we move away from the toxic diet culture and towards a healthier relationship with food and our bodies, and they share some tips to help you reframe your mindset.
Here are some questions to ask yourself as you’re considering moving away from looking at health solely in terms of weight loss: (These are just a few, Elizabeth shares more in the episode!)
- What has my experience been focusing on weight loss?
- Has it gotten me the lasting results that I’ve been looking for?
- How has dieting impacted my mental and emotional well-being?
- Am I experiencing a lot of stress, guilt, anxiety, and overwhelm over food and my body?
- What impact has diet culture had in my life; how much time, money, and energy have I spent pursuing unhealthy ideals?
“You don’t have to be a dieter to be impacted by diet culture…”
- Elizabeth Harris
- Think about the intentions behind the decisions you make toward food and your health
- Consider the effect that diet culture may be causing in your life; how much time, money, and energy have I spent pursuing unhealthy ideals
- How changes in behavior can impact your health - irrespective of weight loss!
- Proactive, positive ways to respond to unnecessary and potentially harmful comments people make.
- The fears that may be holding us back from crossing the chasm to intuitive eating - and encouragement that it’s worth the leap!
What was YOUR takeaway? Share it on socials and don’t forget to tag us so we can share it too!
- Weight stigma in Healthcare - https://apple.co/3KyXv4S
- Rethinking Weight Loss Complements - https://apple.co/47p2NcZ
- Learn more about Elizabeth’s group, the Thrive Tribe, by booking a free strategy call!
- Join Elizabeth’s upcoming FREE 5-day Challenge, “Discover Intuitive Eating,” here.
What would YOU like us to discuss? We want to make this show helpful and effective, so reach out and let us know!
Also, if you found this episode helpful, we’d really appreciate a 5-star rating and review on Apple podcasts so that others may find our show and discover a new way to rebrand wellness!
Let’s connect and keep the conversation going!
- Tara De Leon, Master Personal Trainer
- Maria Winters, LCPC, NCC
- Elizabeth Harris, MS, RDN, LDN
FB: Health and Healing with Intuitive Eating community https://www.facebook.com/groups/nutritioncoachingwithRDNElizabeth