Manage episode 378032622 series 2773425
Fitness for Busy Dads (and Others, Too)
– The MOVEMENT Movement with Steven Sashen Episode 192 with Karl Bratland
Karl Bratland is an online fitness and nutrition coach for busy dads. He helps dads fit fitness into their lives with the intent of moving better, feeling better, and looking better, so they can be active participants in their own lives. As a 41-year-old dad of 4, he understands the demands of balancing life, family, and health, both physical and mental, which is what drives him help other dads.
Karl has been coaching in some format for over 20 years, has a master’s degree in Exercise Science, and several coaching certifications. His focus is functional fitness that carries over into everyday life, allowing us to be better dads, husbands, and men.
Listen to this episode of The MOVEMENT Movement with Karl Bratland about fitness for busy dads (and others too).
Here are some of the beneficial topics covered on this week’s show:
- How transitioning back to an active lifestyle can be humbling when you can no longer achieve what you used to.
- Why comparing yourself to others on leaderboards or social media can lead to frustration and self-doubt.
- How people should focus on what is best for themselves and their circumstances.
- Why adjusting clients’ mindset and approach to their fitness routines can be as challenging as adjusting their physical workouts.
- How men often struggle with ego and overestimating their athletic ability leading them to believe they can return to their previous levels of fitness when most cannot.
Connect with Karl:
Guest Contact Info
Connect with Steven: