Manage episode 358844877 series 2815261
Self-sabotage is a common experience for many people who struggle with alcohol. Despite our best efforts to quit drinking, we find ourselves continuing to drink anyway. Sometimes you may even drink without understanding why. It can be frustrating and disheartening, but understanding the root causes of self-sabotage can help us break free from this destructive cycle. In this episode we’ll cover self-sabotage, perfectionism, and procrastination, and what you can do if this is a problem for you.
Resources I offer:
- Community & Meetings: Living a Sober Powered Life https://www.soberpowered.com/membership
- The Sober Mindset Course with daily audios to help you work on your mindset about letting drinking go https://quitdrinkingcourse.supercast.com/
- Weekly emails on Thursdays where I explain the latest episode in more detail, share images to help you understand the concepts, share announcements, interviews, writing, discount codes and more. https://view.flodesk.com/pages/6107260617e156c4839768b5
- A free 3 day quit drinking challenge https://view.flodesk.com/pages/62f2cb3de5ea6b3d8aea4ab2
- You are not alone eBook with data from almost 700 sober people https://www.soberpowered.com/you-are-not-alone-ebook
Thank you for supporting this show by supporting my sponsors. Learn more:
If you enjoyed this episode please consider buying me a coffee to support my work https://www.buymeacoffee.com/soberpowered
Sources are posted on my website
Disclaimer: all of the information described in this podcast is my interpretation of the research combined with my opinion. This is not medical advice.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices