Manage episode 359473824 series 2815261
There are a lot of people in the sober community getting adult ADHD diagnoses, so what’s going on here? There is a strong link between struggling with ADHD and developing a problem with alcohol because just like with anxiety, trauma, or depression, alcohol can be used to self-medicate the symptoms of ADHD. In this episode you’ll learn why alcohol and ADHD are linked, what is going on in the brain’s of people with ADHD, and how having ADHD makes it harder to stop drinking once you start.
What to listen to next:
E48: is addiction genetic?
E62: dopamine deep dive
E128: why cravings are so powerful
E125: why you have no off-switch
E77: are NA drinks ok to drink?
Resources I offer:
- Community & Meetings: Living a Sober Powered Life https://www.soberpowered.com/membership
- Daily audios to help you work on your mindset about letting drinking go https://quitdrinkingcourse.supercast.com/
- Weekly emails on Thursdays where I explain the latest episode in more detail, share images to help you understand the concepts, share announcements, interviews, writing, discount codes and more. https://view.flodesk.com/pages/6107260617e156c4839768b5
- A free 3 day quit drinking challenge https://view.flodesk.com/pages/62f2cb3de5ea6b3d8aea4ab2
- You are not alone eBook with data from almost 700 sober people https://www.soberpowered.com/you-are-not-alone-ebook
Thank you for supporting this show by supporting my sponsors. Learn more:
If you enjoyed this episode please consider buying me a coffee to support my work https://www.buymeacoffee.com/soberpowered
Sources are posted on my website
Disclaimer: all of the information described in this podcast is my interpretation of the research combined with my opinion. This is not medical advice.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices