Manage episode 377463988 series 2970933
In this first episode of a three part series, I welcome my personal marriage coach, the brilliant Dr. Chavonne to discuss navigating relationships and alcohol change. We explore the complexities of relationships and how they can impact personal growth, especially when dealing with alcohol-related changes. Dr. Chavonne shares insights on making changes within a partnership, managing a partner's reactions, setting boundaries, and emphasizes the importance of running your own race when it comes to personal transformation. This episode is a note taker and goes beyond just intimate relationships
- Individual Journeys: Making changes related to alcohol should primarily be an individual journey, even within a partnership, as each person has their unique experiences and reasons for change.
- Managing Partner's Reactions: When one partner starts making changes, the other may rebel or react differently. Patience and acceptance are crucial during the adjustment period.
- Transitions and Boundaries: Recognize that transitions are part of personal growth. Setting boundaries and allowing an adjustment period can help maintain harmony in the relationship.
- Tolerating Negative Emotion: It's essential to build the capacity to tolerate negative emotions without relying on changing circumstances entirely for emotional well-being.
- Non-Attachment and Authenticity: When discussing changes with a partner, do so authentically but without attachment to their immediate understanding or acceptance, allowing them to process at their pace.
Don't miss the next two episodes where we dive even further into the dynamics of navigating love and alcohol. It's an opportunity to dive deeper into your relationship with yourself and your loved ones.
Please check out Dr. Chavonne and all of her amazing offerings including the episode Matthew and I recored for her podcast about our experience in her program, the Marriage Upgrade.
Dr. Chavonne Instagram and link to
The show today was sponsored by Mary Wagstaff Coaching. We have been an ad free show for four years, and continue to do so we need to grow as a community. Please pay it forward by subscribing, rating and leaving a review here on apple podcasts!
Personally sharing this show on your feed or with a friend is how we can help even more women go Beyond Alcohol. Thank you for your support!
When you join The Stop Drinking, Start Living Portal Of Empowerment, you will be automatically enrolled into the first annual:
“ We don’t Quit, We Commit, Live your Life Intention 40 Day Alcohol Transformation” to kick of this New Year! This live, 5 week program is only available to member of the portal. Join here!
We are going to MEXICO!
Join us for a fully embodied, full awake, Women's retreat for the 2024 eclipse.
Being in a conscious community of like minded Women to support your vision.
Learn more HERE about this trip of a life time and reach out with any questions.
Thank you for following the show! Please rate, review and share! When you do, send me a screen shot and I will send you a guided audio meditation to calm any urge or emotion.
Get the free on demand training to end alcohol overwhelm